Apartment Borg obtains users' information at different points throughout our website. We capture details of both users who make bookings and those who register on the website to obtain information, as well as of the accommodation owners. This personal data will be stored within a file held Apartment Borg. The user is expected to provide true, exact, complete and current information.
We request personal information on our accommodation booking form, owner' registration form, users' sign-up form . A user must provide contact information (such as name, email address, passport number and address) and in some cases financial information (such as credit card number, expiry date, payroll o bank account) or personal information (copy of passport or work contract). This information is used for billing purposes and/or to fulfill the user's requests. If we have problems processing a booking, we use the information to contact the user. Additionally, we use the information for the purposes of commercial communications related to the services provided by Apartment Borg. Both users who book through Apartment Borg website and users who register on the website give their express consent to receive such email communications.
When a client books accommodation through our website, we share personal information such as name, email address, passport number, age, gender and contact details with the owner of the apartment. We encourage you to contact the owner regarding the use of your personal information. The information we collect is used for booking purposes, to notify you of your reservation status and to ask for feedback about your stay and is not shared with any third party which is not directly involved in the booking process. All credit card processing is done by the company Adyen, specialist in online payments.
The personal data provided for commercial communication will be kept as long as the interested party does not request its deletion.
The personal data provided for a reservation of accommodation will be kept during the legal limitation period by Commercial Code regulations.
A cookie is a file that is downloaded onto your computer, Smartphone or tablet when you access certain pages of websites. Cookies are used to store and recover information on the user's actions when browsing the website.
Cookies are essential to the functioning of the internet. They offer countless advantages when it comes to the provision of interactive services, aiding both the browsing process and usability of websites. Bear in mind that cookies can't harm your device. Just the opposite they actually help us identify and resolve any issues that might come up in providing our online services.
Apartment Borg uses the following cookies on its website.
- First-party cookies: these cookies are sent to the user's device from a computer or domain managed Malta-Aprt-Sc.de, which provides the service requested by the user. These types of cookies are used to customize the user's experience, facilitating (rather than impeding) things like navigation, language preferences, page version and 'favorites' functionality.
- Third-party cookies: these are sent to the user's device from a computer or domain which isn't managed Apartment Borg , but by another entity which processes the data obtained through cookies. Specifically, the following third-party cookies are in place:
* Behavioral advertising cookies: remarketing. They collect information about your preferences and choices in the website. They target advertising networks, which then use them to show you customized advertising on other websites.
* Analytical cookies: such as Google Analytics and New Relic. They allow us to see how visitors move around the website and to record which content they view and are interested in. This helps us to improve the service which we offer to you by making sure our users are finding the information they are looking for.
* Social cookies: In particular, Facebook, Google and Twitter. They allow us to provide functionalities relating to social networks by allowing and controlling the interaction with Social Widgets on the website.
The cookies that we use on our website aren't necessary to access the services that we offer, so if you disable cookies, the website will still function correctly. You can enable, view, block or delete the cookies installed on your device directly through your browser.
How to disable cookies on the main browsers:
Firefox: Settings > Privacy > History > Personalise user settings: http://support.mozilla.org/en/home
Chrome: Settings > Show advanced options > Privacy-> Content settings: https://support.google.com/chrome/?hl=en
Safari: Settings > Security: http://www.apple.com/uk/support/mac-apps/safari/
Internet Explorer: Internet options> Privacy > Settings: http://support.microsoft.com/ph/807/en
Use of information
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that malta-apart-sc.de is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by Apartment Borg.
malta-apart-sc.de complies with the levels of security of personal data protection required by all current legislation, and has installed the technical and organization measures necessary to avoid loss, misuse, alteration or unauthorized access of personal data.
Registered users and clients
When you make a reservation or register to create an account, we set up a profile page for you. Any content and information in this area will be kept strictly private and in no case given to a third party, unless essential to provide a contracted service or for the sending of commercial communications. The user's account profile will include their first name, last name, address and other personal information necessary to make a reservation. Furthermore, they will be able to select other items such as future destinations or preferences regarding accommodation. Users can review and revise their profile information at any time. Our company reserves the right to modify or cancel this service after the consumption of the reservation.
Users can decide to use Facebook in order to sign up to Apartment Borg with their Facebook profile. By doing so, Apartment Borg will have access to all personal data a Facebook user publishes on their profile. A user is granting access to their profile information when connecting to our site with "Facebook connect". Depending on the security settings in their Facebook profile, this data can vary. In order to change them, users must use their Facebook profile.
Rights of access, to rectification, to erasure, to restriction of treatment, to objection, to portability, not to be subject to automated individual decisions, to cancellation and to claim
Under the General Regulation (EU) 2016/679, of April 27, 2016, of Data Protection (RGPD), in relation to the processing of your personal data, each and every one of your rights are unipersonal and non-transferable, which means that they can only be made by the owner of the data, after verification of their identity.
The following rights are recognised in relation to the processing of your personal data:
- Request access to your personal data
- Request the rectification of your data
- Request the erasure of your data
- Restrict the use we give your data
- Object the use we give your data
- Right to the portability of your data in cases of telecommunications or internet services (this is not our case)
- Right not to be the subject to automated individual decisions
- Right to cancel your consent at any time
- Right to file a claim regarding data protection with Spanish Authority on Data Protection
To exercise these rights, contact us by phone or postal mail at the address indicated in Contact Information. In your request, you must clearly indicate your identity, your full name and the email address you used when you purchased or registered.
Responsible for data processing
Applicable legislation and jurisdiction
The legislation applicable in the event of any dispute or conflict of interpretation of the terms and conditions that comprise this Legal Notice, in addition to any issue related to the services of this Website, will be German law.